In the hotspot editor you can also add videos to your online publication and have them play either inside the content of the page or in a popup window after clicking on a hotspot. The videos can be uploaded to Publitas or you can use the link the video on the Youtube or Vimeo platform.
To add a video to your online publication:
- Open the hotspot editor by clicking on Add hotspot in the main window of Publitas.
- Select the Video option from the left menu, or hit V on your keyboard, and draw the clickable area that should trigger or load the video.
- Upload your video (MP4) or paste the share link obtained from YouTube or Vimeo.
- Select whether the video should play in a popup window (Hotspot) or whether it should playback as part of the page (Embed).
In case you uploaded an MP4 video to Publitas:
- You can enable the video to start playing automatically (when embedded the sound will be muted).
- When you select the video to be embedded on the page you can hide the preview image which allows you to add a call to action of your own in the design of the page.
A preview of the video should now show beneath the share link. As changes are stored real-time you can already view the end result by clicking on Preview.
Start a video at a specific time
Both YouTube and Vimeo provide a way to share a video that starts at a selected place in the video timeline.
- To copy a YouTube link with a timestamp, right-click on the YouTube video and select “Copy video URL at the current time”;
- To copy a Vimeo link with a timestamp, click the Share button, click on the URL in the link field and select the checkbox at "Start video at" that appears below the link. Enter the start time and proceed to copy the link in the Link field.
Setting up a Video hotspot: Additional options for MP4 uploads:
On desktop, embedded videos play on top of the page's content:
On mobile, embedded videos play on a black background: