Using the Image hotspot, available in the editor's toolbar, you can add both static and animated images to the pages of your online publication. Animated images (GIF) can draw more attention to certain areas of the page or make sceneries come to life.
Supported formats are JPG, PNG and GIF. The latter two also support transparency which can blend the image into the existing content.
How it works:
- Open the editor via Add hotspots
- Select the Add an image tool
- Draw the area where the image needs to be fitted into
- Submit the image URL or upload the image to Publitas
- For each image you can add the option to view the image in a lightbox for more detail.
- You can also add an alt text to describe the content to visually impaired users.
- To ensure your content loads instantly and reduce the weight of the content for mobile traffic we recommend to optimize the content for online use. Depending on the dimensions and the number of frames of the animated GIF it is best to keep the file size well below 500kb, preferably below 100kb if this is possible without impacting the image quality.
- You can use a stop-motion effect to reduce the number of frames required. This is particularly helpful if have a lengthy animation or if you want the animation to span an entire page.
- If you want an animation to loop you can set a loop count or configure an endless loop when exporting the animation to a GIF file (How to create an animated GIF in Photoshop).