Common reasons for this error
- Your PDF isn't a PDF. Publitas only accepts PDF files, so please ensure your PDF is a PDF!
- PDF is too big. Conversion will fail if it takes too long to convert your PDF. We recommend a file size no larger than 300MB. You can use Smallpdf.com to optimize your PDF's file-size. You can also reduce the DPI (dots per inch) of your PDF. We recommend a minimum of 180 DPI.
- PDFs page sizes are too big. Avoid including large pages (width or height of more than 100cm/39inches) within your PDF.
- Complex vector images. Complex vector images are difficult for our convertor to process. We recommend either simplifying them, or converting them to an alternative image type.
- Your PDF contains more than 5,000 links. We support up to 5,000 automatically imported links.
Still not working?
Re-uploading your PDF
You can re-upload your fixed PDF (or a different one) with the "Try a different PDF" button.