Link to your latest public Publication and avoid continually updating links. There are two ways you can use this functionality within Publitas.
This FAQ covers:
- Method 1: Using the Group URL
- Method 2: Using the Website integration feature
- How to change your latest public publication
- Showing Unlisted publications via the Group URL
- Scheduling the appearance of publications
Method 1: Using the Group URL
The Group URL is a link unique to each of your Publication Groups. When visitors click the Group URL, they’ll see the latest public Publication from that Group.
When using the Group URL, we recommend adding an Offline redirect URL. This will ensure that if no publication is public, the Group URL will continue sending users somewhere useful.
The Group URL is found in the General tab of the Group Settings (located in the top-left of the screen). Here you can also customize the URL’s appearance and set up an Offline redirect URL.
For more ideas on using your Group URL, check out Automatically load the latest public publication using the Group URL
Method 2: Using the Website integration feature
Automatically Embed your latest public Publication on your website or blog with only a one-time setup required. The Website integration seamlessly adds your most recent public publication to your website or blog, ensuring users never need to navigate away from your site.
Once set up, the Website integration automatically updates: always displaying your latest public Publication.
This feature is located in the Website integration tab of your group's Settings (located in the top-left of the screen).
For more information and details on setting up your website integration, read Setting up the Publitas website integration.
How to change your latest public publication
Whenever a Publication switches from Offline to Public, that Publication is —from that moment—considered the latest public publication.
Consequently, the Group URL will link to it and the Website Integration display it. The publication’s upload date doesn't matter, nor if "newer" Publications are already public. Publications with the Unlisted status applied do not appear via the Group URL.
- If you upload your Summer 2016 catalog - and mark it Public - your Group URL will link to it.
- Now take an Offline Publication uploaded at an earlier date (say, your "Spring 2016 catalog") and mark it Public. Spring 2016 catalog will now be shown on your Group URL instead.
- Even though your Summer 2016 catalog is technically newer, your Spring 2016 catalog is your latest public publication.
Showing Unlisted publications via the Group URL
In the Website integration menu you can enable Unlisted Publications to show via the Group URL as well:
Scheduling the appearance of publications
If a publication is scheduled to go Public at a set day and time it will appear via the Group URL as soon as it does. You can manually overrule this as per the previous example.