In the hotspot editor you can also add videos to your online publication and have them play either inside the content of the page or in a popup window after clicking on a hotspot. The videos can be uploaded to Publitas or you can use the link the video on the Youtube or Vimeo platform.
To add a video to your online publication:
- Open the hotspot editor by clicking on Add hotspot in the main window of Publitas.
- Select the Video option from the left menu, or hit V on your keyboard, and draw the clickable area that should trigger or load the video.
- Upload your video (MP4) or paste the share link obtained from YouTube or Vimeo.
- Select whether the video should play in a popup window (Hotspot) or whether it should playback as part of the page (Embed).
In case you uploaded an MP4 video to Publitas:
- You can enable the video to start playing automatically (when embedded the sound will be muted).
- When you select the video to be embedded on the page you can hide the preview image which allows you to add a call to action of your own in the design of the page.
A preview of the video should now show beneath the share link. As changes are stored real-time you can already view the end result by clicking on Preview.
Setting up a Video hotspot: Additional options for MP4 uploads:
On desktop, embedded videos play on top of the page's content:
On mobile, embedded videos play on a black background: