Due to recent updates to Facebook's features and security policy the custom Facebook tab no
Note that the Facebook tab used to work on desktop devices only. That is why we recommend
Use animations or videos to create more incentive to click and view the linked publication:
You may have noticed that some retailers have added their online publication to their Facebook Page. This is a great way to reach fans on Facebook with engaging content. We created this short guide to help you embed your publication (or any other type of publication) on a Facebook Page, quickly and easily.
To embed your publication on Facebook, we're going to use Facebook Tabs and a tool called Woobox.
Here's where Facebook Tabs are shown on a Facebook Page:
To embed a publication on your own Facebook page you'll first need to sign up for Woobox if you haven't done so already:
- Go to https://admin.woobox.com/signup and signup or sign in (you can use your Facebook admin's account).
- Follow the steps to connect Woobox to the Facebook account you'd like to embed the publication on.
- Once you're in the Woobox app go to Facebook Tabs and select HTML Tab:
- To make sure the tab is not publicly available go to Manage > Admin Only Mode, check the box at On and click Save:
- No go back to Manager > Edit, select Page Source: URL and paste the publication URL or Group URL:
- Change the name of the tab at Manage > Tab Settings and click Save Settings to store the changes:
- To see the results of your work go to your Facebook Page to find the new tab under More (as seen in the screen capture at the top of this article).
- Feel free to return to Manage > Edit and adjust the height of the tab to accommodate to the size of the pages. We recommend to use a number greater than 500 px (lower values may result in hotspots to be hidden).
- If you're happy with the results make sure to disable the Admin Only Mode by going to Manage > Admin Only Mode again, checking the box at Off and click Save.
If you need any assistance feel free to contact Support.