Out of the box, you can connect the products in your online publications to the product pages on your e-commerce site. You can use Link hotspots to have the product detail page open directly in a new window. Using Product hotspots (Gold or higher) you can combine multiple products in a single hotspot and offer the visitor more product details without having to leave the publication.
To reduce the journey from click to purchase and take the user experience to the next level you can use the API to integrate the add-to-cart functionality directly into your online publications and eliminate the need of a link out of the publication completely.
How does it work?
The API allows you to assign a custom action to the Link hotspots and/or Product hotspots in your publications which means that the possibilities are endless.
We recommend embedding the publication onto your e-commerce site to help reduce the complexity of connecting the hotspots to its purchase flow.
Here are a few ways in which you integrate the shopping experience:
- Assigning a custom action to the hotspots which will trigger the embedding website to load the product detail page in a popup window.
- Assigning a custom action to the hotspots that has the site load the product detail page in a popup window (or quickview solution).
- We recommend this method as most websites block iframing their content by third parties
- How to connect hotspots to a function on your site
- Assigning a custom action to the standard call to action button in the product hotspot adding the product into the shopping basket on click.