Out of the box you can connect the products in your online publications to the product pages our your e-commerce site. You can use Link hotspots to have the product detail page open directly in a new window. Using Product hotspots (Gold or higher) you can combine multiple products in a single hotspot and offer the visitor more product details without having to leave the publication.
To reduce the journey from click to purchase and take the user experience to the next level you can use the API to integrate the add-to-cart functionality directly into your online publications and eliminate the need of a link out of the publication completely (Enterprise only).
How does it work?
The API allows you to assign a custom action to the Link hotspots and/or Product hotspots in your publications which means that the possibilities are endless.
Here are a few ways in which we have seen our customers integrate shopping the shopping experience:
- Assigning a custom action to the hotspots loading the site's product URL in a popup window.
- Assigning a custom action to the hotspots loading the product in the site's quickview function
- Assigning a custom action to the standard call to action button in the product hotspot adding the product into the shopping basket on click.
- Intercepting the links that go out of the embedded publication and use these to trigger a quickview function on the site.
- Embedding the publication onto your e-commerce site can help reduce the complexity of connecting the hotspots to its purchase flow.
- Assigning a custom action to the product hotspots: http://publitas.github.io/docs/js.html#custom-product-action
- Assigning a custom action to the call-to-action button in the default product hotspot's overlay: http://publitas.github.io/docs/js.html#custom-product-action
- Loading external content in a popup window: http://publitas.github.io/docs/js.html#showing-external-content-in-an-iframe
- If your website does not allow other domains from embedding its content (X-Frame-option is set to sameorigin) you can also develop a lightbox solution on your site to embed and the load the product URL in and pass along the product URL to this function on click.